How does this happen?
LEFT-SIDED HEART FAILURE
- Ineffective left ventricular contractility
- Reduced left ventricular pumping ability
- Decreased cardiac output to body
- Blood backup into left atrium and lungs
- Pulmonary congestion, dsypnea, activity intolerance
- Pulmonary edema and right-sided heart failure.
RIGHT-SIDED HEART FAILURE
- Ineffective right ventricular contractility
- Reduced right ventricular pumping ability
- Decreased cardiac output to lungs
- Blood backup into right atrium and peripheral circulation
- Weight gain, peripheral edema, engorgement of kidneys and other organs.